Prosthodontics is a specialist school of dentistry which is concerned with rebuilding and restoring teeth and replacing missing natural teeth with artificial ones.
The Walden Dental Clinic can offer patients treatment from an experienced and qualified prosthodontic dentist who has been recognised by the General Dental Council and undertaken additional training.
Types of prosthodontic treatments include:
- Bridgework – a missing tooth is replaced with a bridge which is held in place by crowns fitted to the adjacent teeth
- Crowns – a crown is placed on top of a damaged tooth for support or to hold a bridge in place
- Veneers – bonded directly onto the natural teeth, veneers hide damage or discolouration on the front teeth
- Dentures – a removable appliance which can be a full or partial denture
- Dental implants – a titanium screw is inserted into the jawbone and a false tooth is fixed on top to replace one or more missing teeth
- Complex cases requiring mouth construction
- Rebuilding teeth that have been worn down
- Treating TMJ issues
This field of dentistry combines cosmetic concerns with functional need. Prosthodontics is often used for the most complex cases of damage and deterioration. Our prosthodontist will ensure that whatever restorative work you undergo, the results will look and feel as natural as possible.
To book an appointment, please click here or call us on 01799 523194 now.